Wednesday, April 4, 2007

My Home + Thrifty goodness.....

There's a bit of a trend in sharing corners of your home in blogland. I love seeeing pictures of other people's houses, and even though I know that we all shove the mess under the table and only photograph the best bits, I ENVY other people's spaces.


Especially people who live in (seemingly) well-lit, light and airy houses with big rooms......I live in a heritage listed cottage that is the old caretaker's house for a local cemetery (the graves come right up to the wall on one side of the house; some dating back to the late 1800's). I love my house. For a cottage of it's type, it's actually quite big. But it's DARK in here. The windows are smallish and in the wrong places. There is only one window leading out to the cemetery side, which is where all the afternooon sun comes from. It's a pity.


However, I have taken some pictures to show you where I live. (apologies in advance for the poor lighting; I tend to take most of my photos around the house at night after a few too many glasses of wine!)




This is the loungeroom, with my favourite purple chair, the record player I've been meaning to get repaired for ages, and the window onto the cemetery....




I have a bit of a typewriter addiction....if I see one in the Op Shop I can't leave it there! This photo combines a few of my favourite things... my best Remington Rand desktop typewriter, a glass of good red, my favourite books, and photos of my family and dearest friends....




I also have a bit of a thing about teacups and vintage crockery... I love anything that involves a ritual, and making tea is one of my favourites...There's someting comforting about proper tea, made from a pot, with mismatched cups and saucers, and hopefully a little cake or two....






In other news, my collection of vintage sewing patterns has swelled considerably after a bonanza thrift run the other day, twelve new patterns for $6! I have also been given a gorgeous vintage semi-industrial sewing machine, so I am now all set to begin sewing for my new etsy shop, which I'm hoping will be up and running very soon...









Well, that's it from me today, I'm off to have my favourite noodles for lunch, and then to a beer tasting at work....Have a beautiful day!

No comments: