Friday, April 20, 2007

Presents in the Post.

Today a package arrived from my sister.....


A huge parcel of vintage cotton fabric she had been given, and decided to share the love with me!


Presents in the Post


Which works out well, because I'm in the process of making a dress for my niece (her daughter), which, once I have the sewing machine up and running, should be in the post within the week....


Work In Progress


As it's getting cold here, I've decided to make it out of a brown wool, in kind of a flecked tweedy weave, lined with bright red cotton. The patchwork will make the pockets, and I'm in the process of hand stitching the binding around the edges (again, no sewing machine.....hand stitching is HARD)


It's going to be a little pinafore dress, made from this vintage pattern, the one without the frill...




But again, waiting on The Machine.......


The Machine....


The Machine was given to me by a wonderful generous friend and his mother,when they found out I had to return the machine I had been borrowing for the last four years! It's a bloody heavy thing, but I'm sure you'll agree, it's gorgeous! Two stitches, straight and zig zag!


The only problem is, when my friend gave it to me, he forgot to grab the presser foot as well, so I've been waiting for him to go and visit his mum again so he can pick it up and I can play with my new toy! OOOOooooooh I can't wait.....
Hopefully that will happen this weekend, and I can finally start making some things, and have some work to show on this blog that I set up for, well, that very purpose!
Also: if anyone knows ANYTHING about these kinds of sewing machines, can you leave a comment? I can't seem to find any info on the net about it, and I'd love to get my hands on an old manual or something..... Cheers!

Hope you're all having a brilliant day!

No comments: