Saturday, May 12, 2007

Finally.....

The Measure


After the last few months of organising, reassessing, dropping out of uni, resting, working, and farewelling of old friends, habits and worries, I have begun to make things again.


Studio


The studio is finally functional, and though, being in a heritage listed rental cottage, I don't have the permissions necessary to do a Heather, or indeed, a Manda,
at least I have a space where everything has a place, (well, nearly), and I can be comfortable, and work.


The Stash is coming along nicely, soon to be boosted with some purchases from
Cia's Palette (thanks Manda!)


The Stash


And my new Work In Progress is a baby quilt, possibly for my sister, made from some gorgeous soft linen placemats I found the other day, patchworked and quilted.


Work In Progress...


And of course, one of my favourite things about living where I do: the view of the cemetery!


View of the cemetery from my studio


I live in what used to be the caretakers' cottage of a local cemetery.... the oldest graves come right up to the side of the house on one side, and date back as late as the 1800's. The cemetery runs alongside the major river of my city, and there is a bike path that leads to the city in one direction, and the sea in the other.


When the local council took over caring for the cemetery, they decided to rent out the cottage now that there was no longer any need for a caretaker, and that's where I come in. Though it's an unusual place to live, it's actually quite peaceful, and I love it dearly. Though sometimes I would trade it in, no question for a big house with lots of space, filled with natural light, in actual fact I would be very sad to leave.


One day, when I have some more time, I'll take some photographs out there to show you! But for now, I'm off to get some sewing done!

1 comment:

shula said...

That would have to be the coolest place to live that I've EVER seen.

I'm flabbergasted with admiration.