Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Thrifted Tuesday...

It's apparent that I seem to go thrifting on Tuesdays, usually because it's my first day off for the week, coupled with the fact that it's payday....so here's to a new category - Thrifted Tuesday!


But first, this was waiting in the post box for me on getting up this morning....


Kimono fabrics


My new kimono and Yukata panels from kimoYES, a fabulous, and well priced online store for vintage kimono and Yukata panels. It's so good to find somewhere in Australia to buy fabric, much of my online shopping comes from the US, and I'm always lamenting the exchange rate from Australian Dollars to Pounds- terrible!


Anyway, so onto the thrifting part.....


Today, a whole stash of vintage sewing patterns, 20 cents each!


Thrifted sewing patterns


Plus, a big shoebox full of vintage cottons on wooden spools, sewing threads, notions, and LOADS of linen thread, which I love.....


Thrifted lot of Vintage Cottons


Now I just need to get my hands on one of those wooden spool holder racks that everyone in Blogland seems to have.....suppliers, anyone?


The rest of the day was spend clearing out the shed, so now all the boxes that up to this point have been stored in my studio, have been moved, and I've got a whole lot more space in there now.....ready for what I plan to be a full day of sewing tomorrow..... brilliant!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love those wooden spools! Lucky you!